WFU

2019年7月6日 星期六

London Trip 10 / Going to the Royal Observatory Greenwich





Today I want to tell everyone about that I went to the Royal Observatory Greenwich, and we went to Cutty Sark, we also get there by bus.




When we woke up, we took the tube to a station called The O2, and we saw the bus coming but there are a lot of people going up, suddenly another bus came, and we went on, because there aren't a lot of people there, and we got the front seats on the second floor.

Then we arrived at the Royal Observatory Greenwich, and we went in, Dad explained that Big Ben uses sound to let all the people in London to know the correct time.

I think the Royal Observatory Greenwich is very good, because we can learn about a lot of old machines for checking the time.

Then we went on a boat called Cutty Sark, and it traveled 957995 miles in total, and when it was loading the tea chests, it could load 10000 tea chests.

There is a machine that can try driving a boat from Australia to London with the trade winds, the captain traveled 73 days to go there, and I traveled 78 days to get to London, so I think I am good at driving, but I won't be a captain when I grew up.

I think the Cutty Sark is very good, because there is a kids worksheet, and we can collect stamps, we can also play some little games.

Using copper to cover the boat can make the driving easier, because it can stop the barnacles sticking on the boat, and copper can make the boat stronger.

Using Iron instead of wood can make the ship stronger, and it can make more space to contain things, or increase the workers room.

When we were going back, we saw a bus coming, but there are some people sitting in the first seat on the second floor, so we decided to wait for another bus, when the second bus came, there aren't anyone sitting on the first seat on the second floor, so we were lucky.

I think today is a very good day, because I learned a lot of things, and we are very lucky to sit on the first seat on the second floor every time we get on the bus.