WFU

2019年5月23日 星期四

2019 Speaking Contest





Today I want to tell everyone about that I attended the 2019 Speaking Contest today, and I got the first place in our grade.

In my grade, there was just one class, so I was competing with my classmates, there were five people in our class, and I got the first place.

In other grade, they needed to pick three people from each class, and those people will compete again, but there was just a class in our grade, so we didn't need to compete first, we just needed to attend the final round.

We got more time to get our things prepared, but we needed to write our own story, and it took time to write a story.

I know that if you write your own story, you can memorize you speech faster, but I think it is hard to think about the actions while you are writing a poem.

There was a person keep forgetting his story, and he stood for a long time, and I am afraid that I will be like that.

When it was my turn, I was nervous, but when I walked on stage, I started to feel relaxed, so I thought I performed well, but of course still can be better.

If I am now competing with grade 3, I don't think I can win, because they have big actions and they speak smoothly. I think if I am competing with grade three, I won't be in the top three.

When I was listening to the grade 3's performance, I feel like their actions and stories are all better than ours.

The time I started to write my story is a few weeks ago, when I finished my story, my English teacher helped me to correct the mistakes, and my story became better and better.

When it is the first time practicing at home, my father changed the whole story to an easier one, so I can memorize it easily.

When it is a few days before the final, I found out that I didn't memorize it all, and my dad practiced with me that night, so I can memorize all of it.

Today I brought a luggage to my English school, and there are my costumes and my model plane inside, but I didn't use the luggage at last, because there are too many people downstairs.

I think the key of winning is to keep practicing, and you can listen to other's suggestions, so you can use the right way to improve.