WFU

2022年5月30日 星期一

2022 VEX Robotics Championship Volunteer: Field Resetter, Score Keeper





In this blog, I will talk about my volunteer experience during the 2022 VEX Robotics Championship, in Dallas, Texas, at Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.

The duration of my volunteer lasted two full days during the VIQC Elementry School Division Championship. My job was to reset the fields at several divisions and do scorekeeping at the skills challenge fields.

By volunteering, you will get a reddish orange-themed T-shirt, with the word "volunteer" on it, and a yellow tag with your name on it. I got them when I checked in on my first day of volunteering.




For resetting the field, I reset the fields in both the Technology division and Arts division, while the thing I do were the same, reset the field when the match is over.




For scorekeeping, I went to help in the skills challenge fields, my job was to calculate the score after each match, and also watch if the teams did anything against the game rule, this was much more fun than resetting the field in my opinion.

This is a very rare experience for me, to be able to volunteer in the robotics competition that I also participate in. I also enjoy the process of volunteering, by meeting lots of teams and watching lots of matches in a close range.