WFU

2020年10月25日 星期日

2020 VEX IQ scrimmage at AST

 



Today we went to AST for a VEX IQ scrimmage, and this is also the first-ever competition we had in VEX IQ. We got third place in the final matches, and I was very shocked.

Every team had to work with different teams to score points, the points every team scored on each match will be added together to be a final score. The top 12 teams will be qualified to go to the final round, every team will only be paired with one team, and with one chance to get the highest score they can.

We were the first team to play, so we were nervous, and we only got 5 points. We were really sad, so we decided to try harder to communicate with another team, and we improved and got 41 points.

We did better at communicating with another team, and we eventually got some better scores. When it was lunchtime, my brother had to go to a math competition, so I had to play on my own during the last three rounds.

After lunch, I found the teams that I was going to play with for the last two rounds, and we practiced for our strategy, and we were all set, but we still didn't do as good as the practices.

After our last match, we started to prepare for the finals, and we practiced our strategy, as usual, we also did well in the match, but if we put a riser inside a square, we would have 30 more points, so I think there are still a lot of things to practice and improve. 

I think the teams that participated in this scrimmage are all pretty good, and some are really good, so I think we should practice more, so we won't regret for not practicing after the competitions.